Friday, August 23, 2013

Photos from the Habitat for Humanity of the Lehigh Valley site on Thursday on their Facebook page-https://www.facebook.com/habitatlehighvalley/photos_stream.

First-year student Tori '17 offered the following reflection on the final day of service with Habitat for Humanity of the Lehigh Valley.
 
On our last day, August 22, of The 1742 Experience, my team “MO,CO” volunteered for Habitat of Humanity. Habitat for Humanity is an international organization that builds houses for the less fortunate, in other words people who are having difficulties affording to pay mortgage bills and other finances. They built houses for some families in Africa that currently reside in Bethlehem.

At first, for me I was a bit nervous because I have no experience in that field of building and construction, but the people there really helped me and my other teammates to get accustomed fast and taught us a lot about the basic facts of construction and I had so much fun.

At the end of the day I learnt so much about building, how to hammer a nail and other construction stuff that I will definitely use later on. Despite it was raining that day it didn’t stop the progress we made.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment